We are thrilled our Green Therapy classes have now returned in a ‘socially distanced’ way for those whom it is safe to do so.
All returning volunteers must respect social distancing & hygiene guidelines while at the garden and bring their own refreshments.
Using gardening, food growing, plants and horticulture to help individuals learn new skills, support development, promote health and well-being.
Who do we support:
- People with learning or behaviour difficulties
- Patients recovering from illness
- People suffering from anxiety & depression
Classes are free and happen every Friday 10am – 3pm at our Kempshott Community Garden, Pack Lane, Basingstoke, RG22 6NS
Attendees on our programme have reported the following benefits:
- Reduces stress levels
- Reduces depression
- Restores peace of mind
- Improves self-esteem
- Helped them learn new skills
- Gently increased their level of physical activity
- Been an enjoyable experience
- Helped them form new friendships
To learn more email us.